
Yesterday Budd, Jerry, and I took a trip to Venice Beach with Jerry's homies Nate and Kris (thanks for the ride Nate).


You already know...Rogue Status...Budd was experiencing heartache 'cause he couldn't buy anything.

Jerry browsin' the goods..


One of the parking attendants covering up when I busted out the camera for a shot of his lunch/drinking break (emphasis on the high life on the wall there lol).


Beginning our stroll along the Venice Beach boardwalk.

No thanks.

This guy,
Lyrical Reign was holdin' it down for himself here...thought it'd be nice to give him a shout out on the blog 'cause he had this song he was really excited to show Budd and I called "Kush Anthem"...couldn't find it on his myspace but it might be titled "Smokebox". Check it lol

We saw Joey here talking with one of his buddy's and they looked pretty tripped out so I decided to approach him and get to talking with him myself so I could score a photo. He turned out to be the first of many very interesting people we met that day. Joey was very cool and directed us to Muscle Beach (hence the pose).

Muscle Beach.

No one was working out unfortunately, we were expecting to see some yoked old guys...

We found better...Mr. Leopard speedo.

Some stretches before working out...quite ballsy to show up wearing something like that...not sure if I'd be down.

Free Chips.

Rasta venue.

Mr. Jamaica and Nate have the same pose..hmm...

Photo shoot..bubble girls.


This guy was settin' up shop here, he didn't start "shredding" until were already about to leave...so i had no time to get that footage.

Zoltar...this lady here was debating whether she was down to hear her future from him or the many other trusty (NOT) psychics up and down boardwalk.

Lol this is a common belief amongst everyone in Venice I think haha

This guy...haha much respect for him...when we asked him for this picture he was happy to help us out and continued with a huge act about this little poster here...if you can't read it too well it says "my girlfriend keeps getting stitches, i need money for penis reduction" followed by a drawing of a penis(?..not too sure on that).


Doin some dope work here,, very unique artwork..didn't get a chance to get a picture of the finished project.

Speaking of unique art...this guy Art, (who made us guess his name haha) was probably one of our favorite characters that we met.

Doin' some retouches on this piece called "Funky Alian (yes Alian not Alien)" that he was hassling Jerry about, trying to get him to consider a $25 purchase.

Wait did i say 'trying' to hassle Jerry into buying? I meant hassled him into buying...not for $25 though...$15...great job Jerry (i wish there was a way to express sarcasm over the internet)!

Funky Alian was probably the most memorable purchase of the day haha..."Fu** planet Earth (the word Earth is crossed out on the shirt the Alian is wearing lol)"-Art. He even threw in a complimentary signature bottom right, you can't really see it though.

Doin' her music thing.

These guys weren't half bad...especially the dude with the ponytail and the stand up bass.

Bringin' the 60's back hard.

They also had a lot of cool artwork but they wanted donations for pictures, and I wasn't down.

Fall in Love with everything.

Bud plant in the left window though.

Mr. Roboto

He didn't move or make any noises until we gave him a dollar haha.

Daniel..the coolest vendor we met there. He was selling rosaries for only a dollar when the people a couple spots down were selling them for like $12..he really was just in it to express and share his beliefs. Really neat dude. Keep doin' what your doin'.

The girl outside this place had the nicest legs ever and she wouldn't let us have a picture haha Budd had been looking forward to getting a picture with her the whole time too lol. Sorry man.

We had an awesome time overall, met some great people..a lot more weirdos..and experienced people of all walks of life, something I think that makes Venice the amazing place that it is.
2 comments:
wow a lot of interesting things to see O_o
Hello. My friend Daniel, the one who sells rosaries for a dollar, did he have a business card (doubtful, but asking anyway)? I have an old number for him. Haven't talked to him in 5 years. I miss my Danny. If you can help, that wouldbe wonderful. If you think I am weird for asking, I understand.
Post a Comment